Your privacy is important to Shoestring Seeker. Our website will only display basic information about you as needed to create a profile, such as your name (First name and first initial of last name is public), location (place you call home, i.e. Country and/or City), and information you choose to share in the text box under the “About” tab of your user profile.
A. Shared Content and Information
When you sign up you voluntarily give us certain information. This can include your name, profile photo, wisdom / event posts, comments, and likes, all of which can be viewed by other users. The email address you use to sign up with is strictly private. We require your email address to send important notifications, and for user identification and authentication. All information that you post will be public. The “Scrapbook” tab of your user profile can only be viewed by you.
B. Third Party
The data/permissions we will get from Facebook and how we will use it is as follows:
- Your public profile on Shoestring Seeker will be auto populated based on your user name and profile picture on Facebook.
- Your email address is required to use Shoestring Seeker. Users who want to sign up with Facebook should not turn this permission off (Facebook does allow to choose which permissions a user is granting to the 3rd party app, in this case - Shoestring Seeker).
- Your current location is required to update our user's location preferences, and to generate a user specific feed. In other words, we will use your current location to enhance your experience with Shoestring Seeker.
- Your friends list is used to connect you with your Facebook friends who are also using Shoestring Seeker. (You must be signed up/connected with Facebook for us to provide you with this feature).
- We will use our Facebook permission to help you automatically connect and share a link to the content you have created on Shoestring Seeker. Our app will get a permission to post on your behalf to your Facebook timeline.
If you are using Shoestring Seeker on your mobile device, you can also choose to provide us with location data that we will use to help enhance your use of our services.
There are limited instances where we may share your information, that include:
- When you make a wisdom post, we would like to share your post with your Facebook friends. You will always be asked before any sharing occurs.
- When we believe that disclosure is reasonably necessary to comply with a law, regulation or legal request to protect the safety, rights, or property of the public, any person, or Shoestring Seeker or to detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues.
- In the event we engage in a merger, acquisition, bankruptcy, dissolution, reorganization, or similar transaction or proceeding that involves the transfer of the information described in this policy.
C. Security Regulations
- You will not share your password (or in the case of developers, your secret key), let anyone else access your account, or do anything else that might jeopardize the security of your account.
- You will not provide any false personal information on Shoestring Seeker, or create an account for anyone other than yourself without permission.
- You will not create more than one personal account.
- If we disable your account, you will not create another one without our permission.
- You will not use your account primarily for your own commercial gain.
- You will not use Shoestring Seeker if you are a convicted sex offender.
- You will keep your contact information accurate and up-to-date.
- We will remove any content or information you post on Shoestring Seeker if we believe that it compromises Shoestring Seeker security or our policies.